Thursday, 17 February 2011

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi


He was the alleged whistle blower who claimed to have worked for Saddam as a chemical engineer assembling germ-warfare units, mobile bio-chemical factories. He was safeguarded, protected by secret service men who would have given their lives to save his miserable skin, housed, fed, clothed, rewarded. The entire war effort was ultimately built on his weasel words, even after no evidence of the existence of those weapons was discovered, so convincing was he.

So many deaths, so much heartbreak, so much disruption – and now he admits he was lying after all. He ‘had a problem with the Saddam regime’ – he had fallen out with them and been forced to emigrate. Woo-bluddy-hoo!

“I wanted to get rid of him and now I had this chance. Maybe I was right, maybe I was not right. They [the US government] gave me this chance. I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that and we are proud that we were the reason to give Iraq the margin of democracy.”

Bring back capital punishment - if only for this man.

Hat tip to : Anna Raccoon

0 comments: